Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 30

Today we leave for a little vacation at Crescent Lake Bible Camp in Rhinelander, WI.  I've been going there since I was one year old and it's my home away from home.  Last year when we went I was 47 pound heavier and it was exhausting to get around.  You walk everywhere you need to go and I remember being so uncomfortable and tired all the time.  I'm really looking forward to this year and maybe even participating in the group games.  I'm sure I will feel much different this year.  Along with the camp experience of course, is camp food.  I must admit I really enjoy mass produced food, no complaints here about the hot lunch in school.  I will have to be careful of what choices I am making and hopfully I won't back slide on my weight loss.  As of this morning I have three pounds to my goal! (47  pounds lost).  I wanted to include just a few of my favorite meal ideas I've been using on my weight loss journey.  Of course you can come up with your own variations but these have been some of my favorite:

Turkey Tostados
Taco seasoned ground turkey
tostados (if you can't find those you can use corn chips just watch your proportion)
tomatoes
shredded lettuce
green pepper
black olives
1 Tablespoon cheese
1 Tablespoon sour cream ( I used the full fat kind but reduced fat is great too)

Pork Chops
Thin sliced pork chops (trim off the fat).  If you can't find thin sliced get the regualar boneless and butterfly open to make them thinner.
cover in 1 Tablespoon honey, 1.5 Tablespoon mustard and a dash of milk
bake for 15 minutes
I served it with mashed cauliflower lightly buttered

Tortilla Pizza
1 large tortilla shell (Walmart has an awesome low calorie tortilla, 35 calories compared to the usual 180!
Pizza sauce
shredded mozzerella (I always had to go a little lighter on the cheese then I would have liked, but is saves alot of calories)
Load up with vegetables, green pepper, tomatoes, mushroom...
If your a meat lover thin sliced pepperonie or ham is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment